The UWV can take up to 4 weeks to approve applications but aims to do so within a few working days. For most applications, if the conditions are met, the STAP budget is awarded almost immediately.
Learn Storytelling with data on Power BI
- Power BI and data analysis
- Data retrieval, cleaning, and modeling
- With a voucher for the PL-300 exam
Boost your Career: Storytelling with Power BI
Power BI is a business analytics service provided by Microsoft that allows businesses to analyze and visualize data in a more effective and efficient way. It enables organizations to connect to various data sources, transform and clean the data, and create interactive and insightful reports and dashboards.
Using Power BI, businesses can make data-driven decisions, identify trends and patterns, and gain insights into their operations and customers. It also provides real-time monitoring and alerts, allowing businesses to unlock the full potential of their data and make informed decisions.
By taking our Power BI course, you will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to master this powerful tool and drive business success. Would you like to retrain yourself to start your career as a data analyst? Or do you want to enrich your skillset, in order to gain a more solid position in the labor market? Then the Power BI: Storytelling with Data Track is the right training for you!
What will you learn?
We firmly believe in a combination of hard skills and business skills. That is why you will not only learn everything on data analysis from cleaning data to creating data models with Power BI but you will also put your new skills into practice by learning all about report design and storytelling with data.
Here is an overview of the topics that you’ll be covering:
Prepare data for analysis
- Retrieve data from other sources
- Create a profile out of the data
- Clean, transform and load the data
- Design a data model
- Create measurements with DAX-formulas
- Optimize the performance of the model
- Enhance reports to uncover insights
- Perform advanced analysis
Implement and maintain deliverables
- Manage datasets
- Create and manage workspaces
Storytelling with data
- Report design
- How to tell a story with data
- Do’s and Don’ts in design
- How to convince an audience
24 hours live training, divided over 3 days
After this course, you will have a solid basis for the PL-300 Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst Exam. You will receive a voucher to go for this exam which means that you won’t have to pay for the exam. The exam voucher be included in the training amount. Microsoft certificates are highly recognized by the tech industry and obtaining them proves that you have acquired the necessary skills to work in the field of Data!
Our study materials consist of E-learning materials. The courses are given in Dutch and English by Microsoft-certified trainers and before you are ready to go for the exam, you’ll need self-study hours. On average, people spend about 40 to 80 hours on their self-study.
You can use the Free Premium Data Camp account provided by Techionista Academy and Microsoft Learn content in order to prepare. We’ll be giving guidance on which content is best to learn efficiently. Your free Data Camp account can also be used after your Microsoft exam to learn other tech topics you’re interested in, such as Python, ChatGPT, SQL, C++ and many more!
You are the perfect match when you are..
Are you eager to learn? Do you have an affinity with the world of Data & AI? Are you result driven? Analytical savvy? Then this track might be the thing for you.
It is important that you have some analytical skills (for example, that you have a feeling for mathematics). However, we composed the training in such a way that even if you have no experience in IT yet, you should be able to complete this training.
We estimate that you need to have an academic (thinking) level for this training. You do not have to prove this to us with a University diploma; it is also possible that you reached this level through your work experience.
You have a growth mindset, instead of problems you only see challenges. You are assertive and communicative. You are eager to learn and stress-resistant. You can deal with setbacks and therefore you are flexible.
We believe in age diversity, so everyone is welcome. However: if you want to participate with the STAP budget, then you have to be between 18 and 67 years old (you are not yet entitled to a state pension).
This training is given in Dutch and in English. The study materials are in English. A good understanding of the English language is therefore also important.
Laptop or computer
Preferably Office 365 or 2021, but earlier versions (after 2010) can also participate. With a Mac you can not attend this training. Please install the latest version of Power BI on your computer. The latest version is not necessary, but definitely nice to have.
Why Should You Learn at Techionista Academy?
Here are just a few of the reasons why our course is perfect for you:
- Designed to boost diversity, equity and inclusion in Tech: Our Academy’s main mission is to support and empower talent into Tech. We know these values are crucial to driving innovation and progress and that there are challenges and barriers faced by individuals from underrepresented communities. We are committed to fostering a community that values and celebrates diverse perspectives and our course is designed to provide a supportive and inclusive learning.
- Improve employability: By earning a Microsoft certification in Storytelling with Power BI, you’ll gain valuable skills that are in high demand by employers across a range of industries, including healthcare, finance, and technology. You’ll be acquiring skills that improve your employability and open up new career opportunities.
- Learn from industry experts: Our course is taught by experienced Microsoft-certified insturactors who have years of experience in the field of Data & AII. You’ll learn from the best in a small group and gain insights and knowledge that you can apply to your own career.
- Free access to additional study materials: Upon signing up for a course at Techionista Academy, you will be granted free access to a premium Data Camp account. This will not only help you prepare for your exam but also enable you to study other topics of interest even after your program.
- Gain practical skills: Our course is designed to be hands-on and practical, so you’ll gain real-world skills that you can apply to your work immediately. You’ll work with real data and learn how to apply machine learning and AI techniques to solve complex problems.
- Advance your career: With a certification in Microsoft Power BI, you’ll be well-positioned to advance your career and take on new roles and responsibilities. You’ll have the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in today’s fast-paced and competitive job market. You will have the ability to create compelling data visualizations, improve data analysis skills, and enhance career opportunities.
What was her experience?
“The Power BI training from Techionista Academy was incredibly fun to attend. The trainer’s explanations were clear, and she used relevant examples to make the material more comprehensible. The group was diverse, which ensured that different perspectives were discussed. The storytelling part had extra added value, because you can apply that outside of Power BI too. Ultimately, a good foundation is laid to build beautiful, clear reports and dashboards.”
- Microsoft Certified
- Power BI
Ready? Register now!
We offer multiple tracks per year. This training will take place with at least 6 participants. This training is given in Dutch (NL) and in English (EN). Please have a look at the dates to see in which language that specific track is given.
- With a voucher for the PL-300 exam
- 100% Online Coaching
- Build a professional dashboard
You can participate in this training with the STAP budget. With the STAP budget, this training is free of charge. For more info about the STAP budget: please visit our STAP page.
|22-23-24 May ’23 (NL)||€ 995 incl VAT||Register here|
|26-27-28 June 23 (EN)||€ 995 incl VAT||Register here|
|25-26-27 September 2023 (NL)||€ 995 incl VAT (Free with STAP)||Register with STAP here|
|9-10-11 October 2023 (EN)||€ 995 incl VAT (Free with STAP)||Register with STAP here|
|22-23-24 May ’23 (NL)||€ 995 incl VAT|
|26-27-28 June 23 (EN)||€ 995 incl VAT|
|25-26-27 September 2023 (NL)||€ 995 incl VAT (Free with STAP)|
|9-10-11 October 2023 (EN)||€ 995 incl VAT (Free with STAP)|
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I know if my STAP application has been approved?
Do I have to wait for my STAP budget application to be approved before I can apply for training?
No, you don’t have to wait. The first step is to enroll in the Techionista Academy training of your choice. After enrollment, you will receive a certificate of enrollment. From November 1st you can apply for the STAP budget via stapuwv.nl. If the STAP budget is granted, we will receive a copy in the form of a purchase order, and you are ready to start the training!
For which of your courses can I use the STAP budget?
Techionista Academy is registered in the STAP Training Register, which means that the STAP budget of € 1,000 can be used for all our trainings.
What if I want to take a course that costs more than €1,000?
Would you like to take one of our long-track courses? Then it is also possible to make use of the STAP budget. You will receive a discount of € 1.000 and pay the rest of the costs yourself.